Let's talk about the history and music of the American Heartland

Visit our Sister Sites
CreekDontRise.com Home Page Visit our sister site, School of the Rock
Visit our Classic Train Songs Page
A page devoted to some of Paul's own music endeavors.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

To ask any question about the content on this site please use our Site Contact Page.

To sign up for this discussion forum, please use our Forum Signup Page.

Either way, we'll be very glad to hear from you - Paul Click to see Paul's music home page Click to contact Paul through this page. Click to see Paul's music page on Facebook Click to see Paul's music blog page Click to hear Paul's music on SoundCloud. Click to sign up for this discussion forum. Click to learn about our Momma Don't Low Newsletter. Click to see Paul's YouTube Channel. Click to see Paul's Twitter Page

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:37 am 
Site Admin

A total stranger named Kit Grabenstein writes:

Dear Haiti Ministry supporters in our Diaspora,

The Immaculate Conception Haiti Ministry needs your help. It is time to light up the Rectory, Medical Clinic, Church and School in the tiny remote village of Petit Bourge du Borgne (aka TiBouk), Haiti with solar panels. It is the Caribbean after all and this is 2016 !! We have the first $10,000 toward this $36,000 project which is a great start. Our deadline is November 1st for this fundraiser. That date was chosen because it is when we choose the Haiti team for March 2016. If we are unable to raise the $26,000 needed by that date we will forego the 2017 trip so we can finish this project. IT IS THAT IMPORTANT. So Please help us reach our goal by November 1st.

Use the attachments however you need you want. Please send this information to everyone on your email list, post on Facebook and use whatever means that are available to you to get this message disseminated. You never know who is just waiting to be asked to help. I know we can do this, so I thank you in advance on behalf of the people of TiBouk who have no voice in the first world but ours.

There are 3 different ways you can make your Immaculate Conception Haiti Fund tax deductible donation :
1. Use a church envelope designated for Haiti and drop it in the collection basket.
2. Donate online @ http://www.stjuleshaiti.com
3. Mail a check made out to IC Haiti Fund to :

Immaculate Conception Church
709 Franklin Street
Clarksville, TN 37040

Kit Grabenstein
tomgmd@gmail.com

------------------------------

Dear Kit,

The first time you e-mailed me thanking me for a previous donation that never happened, I suspected there was something "hinky" in your operation. (When the first contact I have from a person is a lie, I tend to let that color all subsequent interactions.)

Having followed up a little, I know that the "mission" is run out of your home, but that there really does seem to be a legitimate Roman Catholic church called Immaculate Conception Church in Clarksville, TN, and you are even apparently a member.

So it's possible that everything about your "mission" is legitimate except for your fundraising approach. Still, I'm not convinced that's enough reason for me to add your organization to the list of causes to which I already donate.

I will do one thing for you. I will NOT send you to the contact page of a professional scammer to whom I usually redirect all incoming scams. Do you have a form that allows me to take the cash value of that as a tax deduction?

Yours,

Paul (who has never given to your organization and has no plans to, no matter how worthy and important it is compared to the other worthy and important causes I DO support)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 am 

Paul,

Thinks can sure move fast here.

A day ago, I was in jail on suspicion of being the Exiled Nigerian Prince in the wanted poster that the Celebrity seemed to have gotten ahold of somehow.

Today I am on my boat heading north on the mighty Mississippi with a secret hold full of hundred dollar bills and a young passenger who calls himself "Shucks."

The first desk sergeant who looked at my case looked at the photo in the wanted poster and realized that it wasn't a photo of me at all. So he made me sign a release, gave me back my ID and keys and let me go. As I was getting ready to go, my young friend Shucks caught my eye, and motioned for me to wait outside for him. Sure enough, the precinct soon released all the homeless folks they had rounded up the day before, including Shucks.

I was waiting for him at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant across the street getting one last meal of fresh New Orleans buttered shrimp before heading north. I told Shucks where my boat was tied up and to meet me there in five hours if he wanted to go north with me. Then I dug my money-filled backpacks out of hiding and stashed them in the hiding places of my boat. Then I tracked down my Cajun friend, got him to help me empty my apartment, though there wasn't much there, gave the pot-head at the desk a $50 tip, found a notary, signed the title of my station wagon over to my friend, and let him drive me to the pier. I "accidentally" left a thousand dollars in the glove compartment. Which made me feel better when he gave me a parting gift - matching alligator-hide hat, vest, belt, and boots, all died black. If I ever join an outlaw Country band, I'll have the outfit.

So from the time Shucks got out of jail until we cast off the pier was less than six busy hours. I will miss New Orleans. I already missed the city it was just week ago. But I am truly ready to move on.

As soon as we got north of New Orleans, we stopped at a gift and bait shop with an internet cafe attached, because I wanted to give you an update.

However we won't be staying here long, since I think we need to move on. Shucks just got my attention and pointed me to a fellow running toward us on the road. He looks for all the world like the Celebrity, only he's lost his entourage, and the crowd following him seems to be pelting him with sticks, rocks, and rotten fruit. He is accompanied by a large figure in a hoodie with the top pulled so I can't make out the face, and he's heading this way.

There's nothing for it but to leave money on the table and find the back door.

We'll keep you posted,

Your Friend Mutabe and his new friend Shucks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 am 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Artemis MENOUNOU writes:

I have a proposal of mutual benefit for which you might be interested.

Artemis MENOUNOU
Artemis.MENOUNOU@umons.ac.be
pelite0832@gmail.com

-----------------------------

Dear Artemis,

Thank you for contacting me. I am always interested for proposals of mutual benefit. I think.

Do you know someone else who is always interested for proposals of mutual benefit? My friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince. In fact, if you make him a proposal of mutual benefit, he will be sure to give you a substantial down payment just as a reward for contacting him.

If you're interested, please go his contact page [ http://exilednigerianprince.com ] and enter the requested information, including the account number and routing code of the bank account where you would like the down payment to be deposited.

I guarantee that your proposal is NOTHING to the experience you will have after you have followed those instructions!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 am 
Site Admin

Dear Readers,

What follows is a "snail mail" letter that came in an envelope that had been badly laser-printed "Sears* Financial."

The header of the letter inside had a digitally cut-and-pasted B&W version of the TD Canada Trust logo. No return address, no telephone number, no contact information at all except for a "burner" gmail address embedded in the text near the bottom of the letter. There is also no attempt at an explanation for why a letter on fake TD Canada Trust stationery would be enclosed in a fake Sears* Financial envelope.

I have a bizarre imagination to be sure, but I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.

--------------------------------------

Date: July 7, 2016

Dear: PAUL RACE,

I am aware that this letter has come to you as a surprise as we have not met before or handled any business deal in the past. Nevertheless, I have contacted you with genuine intentions and I hope I can trust you with this inheritance opportunity which I explain below.

My name is Mr. Peter Andrew Timo, an account manager with TD Canada Trust Bank, Ontario Canada. I retrieved your contact address in my search for the next of kin to a deceased customer of our bank Mr. JOE RACE, a citizen of your country, who lived and died in London from Cardiac Arrest in the year 2006. Unfortunately this customer died intestate leaving his bank account with an open beneficiary status. All efforts made by our bank to locate his relatives have been unsuccessful so I decided to write you as I have monitored this account in the bank for almost 10 years now and no one has come forth with any claim. I would like to present you to our bank as his next of kin to claim this dormant account worth $9.2 Million USD (Nine Million Two Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

You will apply to the bank as an extended relative to the deceased customer while I work from the inside to make sure all needed information and evidences are provided to you to back up your claim. The account has n open beneficiary status, which is why I have contacted you to come forth and claim the funds as the next of kin and beneficiary. Since he is from your country and you both share the same last name, it is easy for you to become his official next of kin. If we do not make claim to the funds now, the funds would be reverted back to the system as unclaimed estate at the expiration of a 10 year dormancy period.

I assure you that this transaction would be handled under due inheritance procedures and every necessary legitimate arrangement will be put in place to make you the real benefiiary of the inheritance funds. It also requires all confidentiality at this stage and I believe that you are ready to keep this absolutely discreet until you are able to claim the funds from the bank. Once the funds are released to you, it will be shard between the two of us.

Please send your response to my personal email: peterandtimo@gmail.com indicating readiness to proceed with this transaction. Then I will give you more details and we shall have in-depth discussion regarding a successful completion of this transaction.

I await your response.

Sincerely
Mr. Peter Andrew Timo
Email: peterandtimo@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Timo,

Thank you for contacting me. I am sure you have only my best interest at heart, and that only pure motives have led you to offer to split a fraudulent nine million dollar inheritance claim with me. However, I must decline, not because I have pure motives, but because I am not a moron.

However, I have a friend who is, er who might be interested in your scheme. The Exiled Prince of Nigeria will be glad to claim the inheritance you describe. I'm sure he'll be able to make up some silly story about being a distant relative or something. He'll also be able to forward you as much money as you need to get your scheme started. If you feel comfortable with this, please go to his contact page [ http://exilednigerianprince.com ] and enter the requested banking information, including the amount of money you need him to deposit so you can get started on the process you describe.

I look forward to an appropriate conclusion to this enterprise.

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

A scammer writes:

Subject: Domain Notification for EXILEDNIGERIANPRINCE.ORG : This is your Final Notice of Domain Listing

Attention: Important Notice , DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE
Domain Name: EXILEDNIGERIANPRINCE.ORG
ATT: Paul Race
REGISTRANT CONTACT: +1.9372155291
EXILEDNIGERIANPRINCE.ORG
Response Requested By
14 - July - 2016
PART I: REVIEW NOTICE
Attn: Paul Race
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration.
Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.
Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine registration includes domain name search engine submission. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.
This Notice for: EXILEDNIGERIANPRINCE.ORG will expire at 11:59PM EST, 14 - July - 2016 Act now!
Select Term and Package Here
Payment by Credit/Debit Card
Select the term using the link above by 14 - July - 2016
EXILEDNIGERIANPRINCE.ORG

Domain Notice <domains@listingdomsearch.com>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the ListingDomSearch Unit 8193, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6U U.K. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you do not wish to receive further updates from ListingDomSearch Unsubscribe here. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited.

--------------------------
Dear Mr. Notice,

Thank you for reminding me how many different kinds of internet scams there are. For example, when the Exiled Nigerian Prince thread began attracting the attention of thousands of readers, I hurried and registered the domain name ExiledNigerianPrince.com to keep someone else from capitalizing on my hard work (it has happened before in other subject areas). Immediately I was flooded with offers to build me a web site, create me a logo, and many other unnecessary services.

The MOST unnecessary, and the biggest waste of money was the sort of "service" you just offered under the guise of registering my domain name. Now that we're approaching 15,000 hits on the Exiled Nigerian Prince thread, I've gone ahead and registered ExileNigerianPrince.org as additional insurance about someone trying to take over a space, that we created.

I should congratulate you on being the FIRST scammer to contact me since the new registration went into effect.

But I've been down this road before, and I know that you make your living out of scaring people into paying for your totally useless service by the way you word your spams. It sounds like you're saying I need to do some other step to register my domain name so that people can find it on the web, when what you're really saying is that you'll make certain that Google and other search engines are aware of the site's existence. You know better than I what a total waste of money this is for ANY web page, because as soon as ONE other web page links to it, Google will find it and add it to their search engine automatically, and the others will follow.

In this case, your proposed service is even a bigger waste of money than usual, because the only reason I registered ExiledNigerianPrince.org was to make it less likely that a copycat site would spring up and steal our readers. If you go to ExiledNigerianPrince.org, you'll notice that it forwards directly to ExiledNigerianPrince.com.

But of course, you're the experts, you should have known that. Oh, that's right, you don't care, as long as you can scare me into buying your useless service by pretending that my domain name registration needs attention.

By the way, I really love the legal-sounding last paragraph in which you demand that I respect the "confidentiality" of your scam e-mail. I hope you understand that if you want to keep this kind of information secret, you would have more luck if you stopped spamming random strangers.

I am posting your note here with the hope that other folks will see it and realize that you are perpetrating a scam. By now, I've exposed about two hundred different scams on this thread. Eventually I see it as becoming a resource in its own right.

On the other hand, if you're tired of these two-bit scams and want to go where the real money is, I can put you in touch with the Exiled Nigerian Prince, who virtually wrote the book on the subject of internet scams. He will gladly consult with you for a $500 fee for one hour's initial consultation. Unfortunately, there's been a snag with his paypal account, so he can only receive payment by direct withdrawal from your bank account. If you're interested, please go to his contact page [ http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ] and enter the requested information. Once he has withdrawn his fee, he will be in contact with you about when to place the call.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Steve Owen writes

Subject: Special $29 Logo Coupon for exilednigerianprince.org

Hello Paul Race,
Activate your Coupon Now to Get Your Logo for Only $29
No matter what Type of Business or Organization you’re Starting,
You’re going to need a Logo.
Have you thought about all the opportunities you have to establish your Brand?
Your Website & Email Signature, Business Cards you hand out daily, and customer invoices and Bills,
Are all ways to establish your Brand. Save 70% Now

Regards,
Steve Owen
Brand Ambassador – Logo Flames
owen@logoflames.com
(407) 545-4596
www.logoflames.com

-----------------------------------

Steve,

Thank you for your entry. However you are only the runner up in the race to see who can scam/spam me first after a new domain name registration. ListingDomSearch.com won that race, by about thirty minutes. Time for you to "up your game."

I'd be VERY interested to see ONE customer who actually paid you $100 for a logo, by the way, which makes your 70% off claim a little disingenuous, to say the least.

At least you provided something besides a Gmail account, which most scammers/spammers use to keep me from tracking their claims back to the source. And you seem to have a REAL web site of sorts. If you want to build a reputation as an honest provider of custom services, maybe you should start relying on something besides spams to random strangers as your primary business model.

Have a great day!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:27 pm 

Paul,

As per usual, things were going well for about twenty minutes before trouble found me again. Or I should say found US.

Shucks is letting me use his smart phone to write this message. How an indigent teenager (or pre-teen) owns a smart phone is a mystery to me. But I wanted to let you know what was happening.

As I reported last, Shucks and I were at a bait shop/cafe when we saw the Celebrity running toward us with a mob of angry people behind him. He was accompanied by someone whose hoodie was pulled over his face. We went through the cafe's back door and ran to the boat, only to find the Celebrity casting off and the hooded figure trying to jump-start the engine.

Shucks and I jumped on-board just as the boat was drifting away from the pier. But by then, the crowd had caught up with us, and there was nothing for it but for me to start the boat and pull out of rotten-fruit range.

As the rocks, sticks, and rotten fruit started falling short of the boat, I turned to the Celebrity. "What was that about?" I demanded.

"Just some people who didn't appreciate our message. I don't know why. We had a wonderful message. There is no one who knows more about wonderful messages that I do."

"What was your message?"

"Well, that's hardly the point, is it? The point is that it was My message, and they should have appreciated it."

"Who's your friend?"

"I'm not ready to say yet."

"So who were those people throwing stuff at you?"

"Christians, I think."

"Why would Christians be upset with you? Aren't you promising to make this a Christian nation again?"

"Well it turns out that doesn't actually fool Christians who go to church and read their Bibles. It only fools narrow-minded people who don't actually read their Bible or go to church but who want a religious excuse to hate people who aren't just like them."

The Celebrity's friend started to speak up, but the Celebrity told him, "Not yet; your time will come."

I started to speak, but Schucks put his hand on my shoulder - quite a feat, really, since I'm about two foot taller than he is. "I've got this," he said.

Turning to the Celebrity, he said, "So Christians that actually go to church and read their Bibles aren't convinced that you're on their side? Why do you suppose that is? Do you suppose it's your three marriages or the way you treat women?"

"No, it couldn't be that. My advisors tell me that the people we want to reach will forgive anything as long as we tell them we're on God's side."

"So you're reaching people who'll swallow anything?"

"Why do you think I love the poorly educated?"

"Do you suppose that Christians who actually go to church and read their Bibles don't like your hate- and fear-mongering?"

The Celebrity shook his head, "No, it couldn't be that. My political advisers assure me that Jesus was a hater."

"Really? Did he hate foreigners like you do?"

"Well, if you think about it, they were all foreigners, weren't they. It's not like Jesus was an American."

The hooded man cleared his throat. "Wait a minute," he started to say.

The Celebrity shushed him again. "I said, it's not your turn yet."

Shucks said, "Well if you think about it, Jesus was Middle-Eastern. He would have looked a lot like the average Iraqi."

The Celebrity said, "The Jesus in MY Bible is blond-haired and blue-eyed. Are you saying that the Bible is wrong?"

"YOUR Bible, maybe. At least the illustrators."

"All I'm saying is that if Jesus lived today he would hate the same people we hate."

"Is that what it says in your Bible?" Shucks asked.

"Well, you have to connect the dots."

"Well in my Bible, Jesus was constantly helping people who weren't like them, people like Phoenicians, Romans, and even Samaritans - what you would call Palestinians. And his disciples even gave their lives, to reach people of other countries, cultures, languages and races. How can you say he'd be any different today?"

"Don't talk to me about what the Bible says. Nobody knows more about the Bible than I do. The Bible is a wonderful book. It's wonderful what I know about the Bible."

"So you read your Bible, then?"

"I've been told it wasn't necessary. None of my new friends read the Bible, but they go out night after night telling people what the Bible says, and millions, yes, millions of other people who don't read the Bible believe them, so I must be doing it right."

The hooded man started to speak again and was shushed again.

Shucks said, "Do you know the only people Jesus actually condemned in the Bible?"

"Well, I have to assume it was people who weren't like him. That's who my Christian friends say I should be condemning today."

"No, the only people Jesus ever condemned were people who did bad things in the name of God and gave religion a bad name."

"What if they were doing it for the right reasons. . . . "

By now Shucks had the bit in his teeth. "Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!" he shouted.

It was my turn to put my hand on his shoulder. I turned to the Celebrity and said, "We're planning on going north. Is there any place we can drop you off?

The hooded man said, "According to your compass, we're headed south."

I said, "The river twists and turns here. We're going upriver. Where can we drop you off?"

The celebrity said, "I'll know it when I see it."

"So you've gone up the Mississippi by boat then?"

"Well, no, but I've been in the South before. I'm sure I'll recognize something."

"Things look different from the river than they do from the shore. You don't know the Mississippi at all, do you?"

"How can you say I don't know the Mississippi? I know all about the Mississippi! It's a wonderful river. It's wonderful what I know about the river! Don't talk to me about not knowing the river!"

I sighed and steered upriver. Every hour or so I saw some prominent land feature or building and pointed it out. "Is this where you need to get out?" I would ask.

His answer was always, "Not yet." After about six hours of this, the Celebrity finally said, "I don't recognize anything yet. Are you sure we're on the right river?"

"Yes, we're on the right river."

We've anchored for the night, and I've gone up on deck to send this message. Hopefully we'll lose these idiots soon and begin to enjoy our journey.

Hope all is well with you,

Mutabe, who is letting his young friend Shucks call "Jim," to keep the Celebrity from being certain who I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Stephen Wood writes:

I left a message on your answering machine.

The reason I called was to introduce myself and find out whether you would be interested in getting more visitors to your website. I just did a brief overview of your website and noticed there are some challenges with your Meta Keywords, HTML/Text Ratio and a few other items that are weighing down your online results.

I would like to send over a detailed analysis highlighting how we can help get your website ranked prominently on Google. This analysis is a no obligation report, please let me know if you would like to receive it and I will have it prepared.

Looking forward to hearing from you and working with you.

Regards,
Stephen Wood
stephen.w@auroin.biz
AuroIN LLC

--------------------------------

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for spamming me not only on the Internet, but also on my home phone, which is not listed ANYWHERE in my pages. If you had really taken as much time to investigate my web pages as you claim to have, you would have noticed that I spend a lot of time exposing scammers. And I'm not even that good at it, but most of your breed are no more intelligent than the folks who think they'll get rich beyond their wildest dreams by sticking up a gas station.

I'm not particularly interested to know WHICH fake SEO scam you planned to perpetrate,

- The one where you take my credit card # and buy largescreen televisions for all your friends,
- The one where you get FTP access to one of my more popular pages, then load it up with redirect viruses and the like that other folks have paid you to propagate,
- The one where you plant malware on my site and hold it hostage until I send you far more money than you originally quoted me,
- or some combination of the above, or something entirely new.

Since you used a real e-mail address (and not a gmail.com address like most fake SEO scammers do), I thought I'd check out to see if by some chance your company was real. I saw a number of REALLY good reviews on the sites that you can pay to post good reviews. I also noticed your use of the BBB logo on your header. However I was not surprised to discover the the Better Business Bureau doesn't actually like you very much. To quote:

This firm has misrepresented itself as a BBB Accredited Business on its Web site at https://www.auroin.com/portfolio. On June 22, 2016, the BBB requested that this firm cease and desist all unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo on its website. THIS FIRM IS NOT CURRENTLY A BBB ACCREDITED BUSINESS with the Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York, the service area in which it is headquartered. As of July 12, 2016, the business has discontinued the unauthorized use of BBB's logo on its website.

The irony, of course, is that I was motivated to search the BBB's records by the appearance of the BBB logo on one of your web pages.

In other words, I see no compelling reason to trust you with the most important element of my business model - the information I share freely through my web pages. However, if you would like I can recommend your services to a friend, the Exiled Nigerian Prince, who is desperate to have a working web page. Apparently no matter how much money he throws at it, the web page never gets beyond a single disclaimer page that, frankly, isn't all that flattering to his former majesty.

Currently the Prince is taking a leisurely boat tour of the Mississippi River, so he is often out of either telephone or internet reach. However he tries to check in every few days.

Since he is away from his homeland, his credit card accounts are not usable. However, he can transfer money into your bank account to pay for your services. Based on previous experiences, I'm sure he would be glad to transfer $5000 into your account to get you started on project, followed by a $100,000 bonus at the end of the project.

If you're interested in his business, please go to his contact page [ http://www.ExiledNigerianPrince.com ] and enter the requested banking information. He'll get in touch and transfer the initial payment as soon as he has a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Readers,

Occasionally I run into a scam so evil or dangerous that exposing it on a humor page with the requisite snarkiness is not enough.

I've reported elsewhere on a scammer who has dozens of fake policemen's, patrolmen's etc. charity sites with official-sounding names like "The Ohio Patrolman's Association." He actually sends a little bit of money every year to various real law enforcement charities, enough to keep him from being arrested for fraud.

If this guy calls you (no matter what name he uses or what charity he claims to work for), ask him to send you a brochure. He will refuse, claiming that they can't afford to send out brochures unless you've already promised to give them money. However he CAN, apparently afford to argue with you for 45 minutes over the cost of sending out a .48 brochure. Think of it this way - if you pledge $25, he'll keep between $15 and $20, which makes his wage for arguing with you $15-$20 an hour. If you pledge $100, he'll keep between $60 and $80. So he's earning up to $80/hr for trying to guilt you into giving him money. He knows how to make YOU feel guilty for supposedly neglecting the people who put their lives on the line for you every day, but he's using that guilt to make you help him save up for his next boat or whatever. Don't let him manipulate you.

So THAT's evil enough.

Here's the REALLY EVIL part.

Now someone is calling houses, using similar fake names and fake organizational names, claiming that he is collecting money for fallen police officers' families. It MAY NOT be the normal scammer I've been reporting on for several years. But whether it is or not, this is a cynical, fraudulent way to exploit people's angst about an ongoing, painful situation.

I don't care HOW sympathetic you are to the families of fallen law enforcement personnel, DO NOT GIVE OR PLEDGE MONEY TO ANYONE WHO CALLS YOU ON THE PHONE, AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER.

I'd call these people liars and thieves, but that would be giving liars and thieves a bad name.

We now return you to your ordinary scams. :-)

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Otto Shaw writes:

Subject: Otto Shaw Note:

Quoting Otto Shaw <rajendra@organiccoatingsltd.com>:
Your recent actions was unexpected. The attached proposal includes note.

[Virus-ridden attachment deleted]

Otto Shaw

-------------------------------

Dear rajendra,

Thanks for reminding me to remind my readers that random e-mails from strangers claiming that they have already heard from you are ALWAYS scams.

I will be forwarding your e-mail to my friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince to see what happens when he contacts you "out of the blue" with a request to open a suspicious file. If you pass the test, he will follow up with you to arrange for a project by which you can both benefit. If you want to contact him directly, please use his contact page [ http://exilednigerianprince.com ] and be sure to fill out all of the requested information, including the account number and routing code of the bank account you want him to put money into.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next