Let's talk about the history and music of the American Heartland

Visit our Sister Sites
CreekDontRise.com Home Page Visit our sister site, School of the Rock
Visit our Classic Train Songs Page
A page devoted to some of Paul's own music endeavors.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am

To ask any question about the content on this site please use our Site Contact Page.

To sign up for this discussion forum, please use our Forum Signup Page.

Either way, we'll be very glad to hear from you - Paul Click to see Paul's music home page Click to contact Paul through this page. Click to see Paul's music page on Facebook Click to see Paul's music blog page Click to hear Paul's music on SoundCloud. Click to sign up for this discussion forum. Click to learn about our Momma Don't Low Newsletter. Click to see Paul's YouTube Channel. Click to see Paul's Twitter Page

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm 

Paul,

After I left the politician's island, I had a good wind for a bit and managed to sail northwest for a while to make up for drifting east earlier.

After several hours, I spotted another island and decided to try my luck there. That was the worst of all

When I landed, I found myself staring right into the barrel of a shotgun. There was an angry man holding it. He said, "What are you doing on my island, Negro?"

I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone lived here. I just wanted to rest a bit and go on."

"A likely story. You're here to rob me, for sure."

"Why no, sir. I'll leave right now if you want."

Then the angry man lowered his gun and said, "Wait, do I know you?"

"I don't think so."

"Sure, you played for the NBA didn't you?"

"Uh, sure." Apparently the only safe "Negro" was an athlete, and I wasn't about to straighten him out about my lack of athletic experience.

"Cavs, right?" I don't really know much about American basketball, so I figured out it was safer if I nodded.

"Number 13?" I nodded again.

"Too bad you left before Lebron came up, huh?"

I started to see where this was going. "Well, I blew out my knee."

"Well, take a load off. Come on up and sit a spell."

As I looked around the island, I realized that the angry man was completely surrounded by guns and ammunition cases. One case of rounds for a 50mm gun looked big enough to sit on. I pointed to it and said, "There okay?"

"Sure, just ease your gun out and leave it where I can keep an eye on it."

"But I don't have a gun."

"Traveling in these waters without a gun? Are you daft, boy?"

"I don't think so."

The angry man pulled out an automatic and reached it out to me. "Well, borrow one of mine."

I held my hands up to indicate I didn't want it. "Why do I need a gun?"

"Why, to keep yourself safe, of course."

"Who from?"

The angry man looked around. "You know. Them."

"Er, I don't see anybody else here."

"That doesn't mean they're not coming. But I'll fight 'em off. You'll see."

"How long have you lived here?"

"Why, forty-seven years."

"And have 'they' ever come?"

"Not yet, but that just means that THE DAY is closer than ever. I have it on very good authority."

Just then the sun glinted on an object behind him. I shifted my position and could see dozens of Believable Lie canisters littering the other side of the island.

I put two and two together, and figured out it was time to think about making a exit. "Say, do you need any provisions? I packed about two weeks' worth, but I've been making pretty good time so I shouldn't need it all."

"Nah, I could live for months on what I have in my shelter. Unless you have some beef jerky. I haven't had any good jerky for quite a while."

"Sorry, I fed what I had to a pack of d . . . dogs to keep them from attacking me."

"Pity. What were they, Rottweilers? Pits?"

"I'm not sure, sorry."

"Pit's a good dog. Sometimes I wish I had a pit here with me. You know, for when They come."

I nodded. "But I'm sure you can take care of yourself."

"You think?" In a second, the angry man had completely broken the automatic pistol down and reassembled it. Then he pointed it at me. He must have got the reaction he was looking for because he broke into a big laugh.

I laughed too, as though having a gun in my face was a hilarious joke. The angry man laid the gun down again.

Then I said, "Listen, I figure I have a few more hours of daylight left, so I'd better get on my way."

"Sure I can't send one of these babies along with you?" He waved at an assault rifle.

"Thanks, but I've done okay so far." I didn't tell him about the treasury agents, bounty hunters, treasure hunters, Secret Service men, drug kingpin, dinosaurs, or Russian mobsters.

"You probably do. I'll bet you have one helluva left hook."

"You know it." Actually, I've never punched anyone ever in my life. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

As I checked over my gear and repacked some clothes that had started to work their way out of the bag, I noticed that there was something in one of the pockets. It was a beef jerky stick, still in the cellophane.

I said, "Here, I had one left I didn't know I had," and tossed to him.

The angry man broke into tears. "You don't know what this means to me," he said. "If you weren't a Negro, you'd be all right."

For a moment, I almost thought my visit was doing him some good. Then three more Believable Lie canisters came out of nowhere and landed at his feet. He opened one and started reading its contents just as I got the raft into the sea and raised sail. Then he gave me a suspicious look.

"I know what you're up to!" He shouted. Then he picked up his shotgun and fired. But the raft was rising and falling on the waves and all he did was blow a hole in the sail. "Your one of Them, aren't you? Come to reconnoiter! You tell your friends they'll take this island from me when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!" He kept shouting, but his voice was soon lost in the roar of the ocean. I pray that Emmanuel and his family, and my Haitian friends stay clear of this island. Because with so many Believable Lies coming his way, the angry man will definitely be prone to shoot first and ask questions later.

Not long after leaving the angry man's island, I saw something big approaching over the horizon. It was a ship. For a moment I was afraid that it was the Russian ship. But it was the cruise ship that had set us on the dinosaur island. I steered on a collision course and hoped someone was watching ahead. Someone was. Within an hour, I was back on board in my old room catching it from the boatswain for missing so many performances.

That old Haitian woman must have been wrong about my luck - after all of that, here I am safe and sound. Now all I have to do is keep playing djembe in the shows until the boat docks in Florida. What could possibly go wrong?

Now, here's something you will have trouble believing. Carlos just came downstairs to tell me that they just spotted an iceberg. In these waters. Can you imagine?

Hoping to write you from dry land soon,

Your friend, Le Gross Prince, Mutabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Jacob Jones writes:

Dear [website name withheld] Team,

[Opening wording copied word-for-word from almost every other fake SEO request I've ever received deleted for space]

My name is Jacob Jones and I am the Digital marketing expert of a leading software provider company. As per my analysis, your website is not performing well in the Google, Yahoo and Bing organic searches.

Also your traffic flow is poor from last couple of months due to some of the reasons. You might know about recent Google Panda 4.2, Penguin, Pigeon, and Paydateetc. UPDATE.

Google has completely dropped all authorship functionality from the search results and webmaster tools. So be careful on it and take the help of a Digital marketingcompany to fix it.

Some of the aspects given below:

[List of problems copied word-for-word from almost every other fake SEO request I've ever received deleted for space]

If you will not satisfy with our results then we will refund your money as per the money back guarantee policy.

Note*: We give guarantee to improve in your keyword ranking from the first month itself, if we fail to achieve then money back.

[List of proposed fixes copied word-for-word from almost every other fake SEO request I've ever received deleted for space]

We have 24x7 supports, so you can contact any point of time with your website issues.

Thanks & Regards,
Jacob Jones | (Web Analyst)
jacobjones5058@gmail.com

Disclaimer:- "Note: - We are not spammer. We found your email through manually efforts.

-------------------------------------
Dear Jacob,

First of all I am glad to hear that you are "not spammer," whatever that means. I'm also glad to hear that you believe in using "manually efforts" to track down the e-mail addresses of people you intend to "not spam."

I'm also glad that you have 24x7 supports. My home only has 6x6 supports, so construction standards in your region must be much more rigorous than they are around here.

Also, thank you for your warning that I should be "careful on it." You'll be pleased to know that I'm careful OFF it as well.

That said, if I was really worried about a reference site's poor search engine performance on mobile devices, I'm sure I would satisfy with your results.

If you want to "not spam" a client who will be sure to satisfy with your results and be impressed with your region's construction support standards, consider going to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter the requested information. The Prince is currently taking a Caribbean cruise of sorts, and has limited access to the Internet, but he when he gets a chance, he will arrange payment for your services. He gives "guarantee" also. In fact, he gives really GOOD guarantee. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling herself Mellow Wang writes:

makr your pet have fresh water
hello dear ,
hope this email will find you well .after visit your website .l thought you will have interest about our new upgrade paw feeder .
Below photo is our newest product: Outdoor Automatic fountain. [photo withheld]
The main function:
*Presh water whenever your dog wants it.
*Encourages drinking.
*No stagnant water.
*Made of heavy-gauge steel for durability and trouble-free operation.
*Easily attaches to hose or faucet.
Should you need more information about it, please feel free to contact me.
Have a nice day!
Thanks and best regards,
Mellow wang
yufeng01@petproductscn.com
pet products form Yufeng
zaoshuding2466@126.com

--------------------------------------------
Dear Mellow,

Thank you for getting in touch - I am sure you had the well-being of my pets in mind as you wrote this. Unfortunately, I have no dog, and no indication on any of my web pages that I have owned one since 1982. So I wonder whose web site you were looking at before you sent me this.

I do understand why it's important for pets to have "presh water." That said, it is January in Ohio, so the best your device could possibly deliver - if our freeze-thaw cycles didn't shatter it, would be "presh ice."

I do have one goldfish in a pond, but I don't see how this will benefit him. On the other hand, the wild raccoons in our neighborhood who like to bring the food they gather to our pond to rinse it might benefit. They're pretty sharp and could probably figure the thing out on their own. That said, I'm not sure I want to do the raccoons any favors. After all, they're the reason I only have one goldfish in the pond.

Now, if you could come up with a device that would lightly shock the raccoons every time they stuck their paws into the pond, I might be interested. Not enough to harm them or the goldfish, you understand, just enough to discourage them.

Tell you what, if you think that might be a viable product, I can even arrange for some venture capital to help you develop it as a product. Simply go to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter the requested bank account information, as well as the amount of "seed money" you think you would need to develop this project, and I'm sure the Prince will execute a transfer the next time he gets online.

At the moment, he's on a cruise ship with only intermittent Internet access, but I'm sure he'll be available sometime within the next 24 hours. Best of luck with your business!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Chris Rodgersen writes:

I've done some research on your site

I have been researching your site and I ran into something I can help you with.

This is Chris and I help create better converting websites through user experience testing as well as ranking sites on web searches. I have a team that specializes on cost effective services. We offer a few improvements to make a big impact on your ROI. To start off, we can point you in the right direction and give you some valuable advice for your website.

Let me know what time works for you to speak and I will be in touch to give advice and answer any questions you may have.

I look forward to speaking with you.
Chris Rodgersen
marketing51center@gmail.com

If you are not interested in our services or not looking to increase your rankings just let me know to remove you.

----------------------------------

Dear Mr. Rodgersen

Thank you for taking the time to research our site, although I can't help noticing that you didn't bother to list anything specific about my site or address your e-mail to me personally. If that didn't convince me that you didn't really even look at my site, the fact that you have posted exactly the same verbiage in the comments on dozens of other web sites would do the job.

However, I DID take the time to research YOU. Enough time to verify that Chris Rodgersen does not exist, period. No surprise, really, that's a really dumb attempt to try to make a European-sounding name by glomming bits together. On some of your blog spams on other web sites, you introduced yourself as Chris Rodgersen and signed the spam "Chris Rodgers," which is a legitimate name, owned by hundred of Americans, and a good number of Brits. But not ONE of the "Chris Rodgers" who came up on the first several pages of my Google search is known for web site consulting of any kind.

Oh, and your e-mail, marketing51center@gmail.com, has been connected with spams sent to at least 350 other web pages.

All that aside, if you really ARE serious about helping someone with his web page, I have a friend who is known for taking chances on people who offer this kind of service. The Exiled Nigerian Prince, presently bound for Florida on a cruise ship, will be glad to discuss your proposal. The only thing is, he is a very busy man, so he requires a $500 earnest deposit before he will make an appointment with you. If you're interested in following up with him, please go to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter the requested banking information, and he'll arrange for the requisite deposit to be made into his account. I know that in the past, he has offered as much as $250,000 for people offering to help him with his web page, so this might be a huge opportunity for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Stacy Maxton writes:

Great telecommunications resources on your site!

Hello from one of the most excited cheerleader of education you may ever meet! :)

My heart is *really* in mathematics, but telecommunications really excite me as well! And, recently, I’ve been on a telecommunications kick. I spent the better part of my weekend reading as many articles as I could find - including some of the resources you’ve provided here on your site: [URL of a web page that has NOTHING to do with telecommunications withheld].

So, thank you! :)

The research I did this weekend garnered a great number of resources that I thought you may be interested in, so I’m including a few of them below. Please feel free to add in what you like and leave those that you don’t:

[seven URLs for legitimate sites withheld]

I hope these resources are useful!

Many thanks for all that you do!
-Stacy

Stacy Maxton with MathCamps.org
EMail me at stacy@mathcamps.org (or snail mail: 500 Westover Dr #9372 Sanford, NC 27330) if you have suggestions for my site or if you’d rather I not email you in the future.

-------Our Response---------------

Whoever you are (because there is no Stacy Maxton in North Carolina),
I DO have suggestions for your site, but this is a family web page so I can't share them. Please use your imagination. I also notice that mathcamps.org does not exist, really, except as a lame and unethical attempt to capitalize oh the good name of a legitimate organization (mathcamp.org). I am not even interested in what kind of scam you are trying to perpetrate by pretending to be a math nut so enamored of telecommunications topics that you spam web owners with this bizarre tale. Of course, you're not doing this yourself at all - you're robospamming. If you had even GLANCED at my web article you claim to have read, you would have known it has NOTHING AT ALL to do with telecommunications, or math, or education. Ironically, I have several web articles that mention telecommunications and education topics, but if you think I'm going to point you to those, you have another "think" coming.

So you lie about who you are and what you do, even to the point of setting up a fake web site. Amateurish throughout. What you need is someone to coach you in the fine art of internet scamming. And I know of no one better equipped than the Exiled Nigerian Prince, an international fugit- er, adventurer who has been enjoying life roaming around the Caribbean for the last several months. He is currently on a cruise ship with limited access to the internet, but I'm sure he would be willing to help you "up your game" for a fee of, say, $500. Due to banking regulations in his current location, the only way he can receive that fee is through direct deposit. So if you want to be coached by the best in the business, please go to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter the requested information about your bank account. As soon as you do that and the Exiled Nigerian Prince gets back online, I can guarantee that he will teach you things about internet scamming that you never even imagined!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Ben Carson writes:

Most important elements that can certainly boost your web traffic !

My name is Ben, a digital marketing expert. I help websites in getting a first page ranking in major search engines . . . .

[Rest of the e-mail deleted for space, as it is identical to one I posted several pages back, except for some really bizarre spelling and syntax glitches.]

Regards,
Ben Carson
Internet marketing Consultant
increaseorganicvisitor15@gmail.com

---------My Response------------

Dear Dr. Carson,

I am sorry to hear that you have abandoned your run for President of the United States even BEFORE the Iowa Caucus, just to be come a fake SEO spammer. Unlike Donald Trump, I am sure you were a fine surgeon. But you are a LOUSY fake SEO spammer.

Please go to the last paragraph of the message above this one for instructions on how to fix that.

Or else go back to your chosen profession. You don't really seem destined for success EITHER as a fake SEO spammer or as a candidate for President of the United States. Focus on what you were trained to do, Ben; I think everyone will be happier in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Someone claiming to be Marissa Signer writes:

I really don't want to be a pain, but I really do think that your site is a perfect fit for our website improvement system. Whether you're interested or not, just let me know either way.

Hi Paul,

First off, I think you�ve done an awesome job with [web site withheld]. I really enjoyed the [subject matter withheld]. Yours are so impressive! How long have you been working with it?

I am writing to let you know about Ezoic - a Google Certified Publishing Partner and Certified AdSense Partner. Ezoic offers full service ad implementation and testing that can take your earnings to the next level. Having well-placed ads greatly affects your site's performance. Did you know that with only five ad units it is possible to auto-test over 3,000 combinations? This translates to a boost in ad income upwards of 60%.

Ezoic can help you do this; would it be alright if I sent you some info?

Cheers,

Marissa Signer
msigner@ezoic.com
Informational Site Specialist
Ezoic Inc.
http://www.ezoic.com

This email was sent individually to you. I personally visited your website and thought it would be a great fit for our website testing platform. You are not part of an email list, however, if you would prefer to not receive any more emails like this one from me, please visit http://www.ezoic.com/email_preferences.php | Ezoic Inc. 5870 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA, 92008

----------------------------------

Dear Marissa,

You ARE a pain. What made you think that starting your spam with that sentence would make me think you weren't spamming me?

Here's an irony - it looks like you may even have a legitimate business operation. I don't care. You're still a pain. Go away and never come back. Also, if I'm not on a list, why is this the second e-mail I've gotten from you this week?

Usually I insert a clever joke somewhere around this part of my reply. Sorry, I'm not feeling clever now. My friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince has just been turned away from entering the United States on the cruise ship he's been traveling on. At least his fake ID held up, and they didn't identify him as an international fugitive.

At any rate, he has to stay on the boat until they leave or he can catch another ride. Some of the band he has been playing djembe for says they want to try their luck in Havana now that relations with the U.S. are loosening up. I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea. But he's a grown man, more or less.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

A web site noted for helping extremist groups spam lies and misinformation to internet users too stupid to check other sources before they get "up in arms" and say and do stupid things writes:

Paul,

Last week you received an email welcoming you to ------* Intelligence Briefing and outlining the benefits of joining. Besides the weekly Intelligence Briefing, which delivers the top weekly stories directly to you, our website, [spammer's URL withheld] is constantly updated with the latest ------* and -----** news.

Now that you have received the first Intelligence Briefing and have been to the website, we would like to hear from you if there is anything different you would like to see on the website or from the Intelligence Briefing. While we are in the process of taking your suggestions and feedback and incorporating them into the site, we welcome you to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter in order to stay instantly connected with us and the latest-breaking news.

Facebook:
[Link back to the web site - not directly to Facebook deleted]

Twitter:
[Link back to the web site - not directly to Twitter deleted]

We are also pleased to announce the newly created ---* Intel store! With 2016 right around the corner, our store offers the latest in ---* gear. What better way to get a head start on the competition than by purchasing a bumper sticker, t-shirt, or yard sign to support your favorite 2016 presidential candidate! From ---*** favorites like ---**** to effective ---** Governors like ---*****, the candidates represent the full spectrum of the ---* Movement. So don’t delay, make your voice heard!

[Link to the web site where you can support the site by buying "merch" deleted]

---* Intel
email@---*intel.com>

*[name of a political viewpoint that used to mean something besides lying, fear-mongering, bigotry, mysogyny, and intolerance withheld]
**[name of a political party that used to be more interested in improving the government than shutting it down withheld]
***[name of a billionaire-supported fake grass-roots extremist organization withheld]
****[name of an intolerance-spewing candidate in the back pocket of the gun lobby and several billionaires who want to retain unfair tax credits withheld]
*****[name of an intolerant, anti-labor, pro-business governor in the pocket of big oil withheld]
-----------------------------------

Dear spammer:

Now it is even more obvious to me that you are claiming to support ---* causes and ---** candidates only because you want me to spend money at your online store. The truth is, I have been looking for politically-themed merchandise to help me express how I feel about the current campaigns and upcoming elections. For example, do you have any bumper stickers that say "Not an IDIOT 2016"?

That said, you have no idea how strongly I feel about the causes and candidates you claim to support. What would you think about getting a series of huge bank deposits into the campaign accounts of each of the candidates? Something on the order of a million dollars into each of accounts, at least? Would you be willing to be the "middleman" for such transactions? And what would you think about a million-dollar contribution into your own bank account in return for facilitating these transfers?

All you need to do is to tell each of the candidates' most supportive PACs to go to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter the requested information about their bank accounts. Then, when they've all done that, please do the same for yourself. The Exiled Nigerian Prince is currently on the coast of Florida trying to negotiate asylum for a family that fled guerrilla warfare in Guatemala but is being held up because they can't afford an immigration attorney to walk them through the process.

As soon as he is available, and you and all of the PACs in question have sent him your information, the Prince will contact the appropriate banks and transfer a minimum of one million dollars per account. Since the ----** party has made it possible for huge donations to go unreported, I am sure this will provide huge benefits to our country, and isn't that what we all want, for our country to be better off a year from now than it is now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:53 pm 

Dear Friend,

I am writing you because I don't know where else to turn. I am the former prince of Nigeria, in exile since a palace coup forced me to leave my quarters in the middle of the night with a rowboat full of American money in carpet bags. Although I have had my own problems getting into your great country, and getting my millions into U.S. banks without too much attention from either federal government, I am writing on behalf of someone else at this time.

I first met Emmanuel and Maria Garcia in the middle of some sort of armed conflict in their home country of Guatemala. (Some people would claim that I was the reason for the conflict, since at the time, I was being pursued by an army of treasure hunters, bounty hunters, Federales, and drug dealers, but I believe the Garcia's problems were caused by political unrest and exacerbated by the guerrilla militias of the region. Several weeks back, I gave the Garcias my boat to help them cross the Gulf to safety, and they brought several members of their family, one of whom died during the crossing. (There is no truth whatsoever to the claim by some that he was eaten by a dinosaur.)

Now the Garcias are in a holding facility on the coast of Florida while their petition for asylum is being processed. Unfortunately they do not have the money to pay an immigration/asylum attorney to fast-track their case, so they expect to spend something on the order of two years in substandard living conditions while they wait. And I can't send them money directly because of my status as an international fugi- er, traveller. However, I could deposit money into the account of anyone who is willing to help them.

If you go to my contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and enter your banking information as requested, I will send you instructions for getting in contact with an immigration attorney who could handle the Garcia's case. I will also deposit one million dollars into your bank account, so you can pay him as charges accrue.

If the money runs out before the Garcias are granted asylum, I will deposit another million dollars. Once the Garcias are granted asylum, you may keep any of the funds that are left over - I'll will set them up to be supported in another way.

This is your chance to do a good thing for a deserving family and benefit in the process. What could possibly go wrong?

Your new best friend, the Exiled Nigerian Prince.

Last edited by ENP on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Prince,

Who do you think is reading this? We all know how your business plan works. I do think it shows bad taste to use Emmanuel's family as the fake hostages in your Spanish Prisoner scheme.

Just when I thought you were growing a conscience.

- Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 33  Next