Let's talk about the history and music of the American Heartland

Visit our Sister Sites
CreekDontRise.com Home Page Visit our sister site, School of the Rock
Visit our Classic Train Songs Page
A page devoted to some of Paul's own music endeavors.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

To ask any question about the content on this site please use our Site Contact Page.

To sign up for this discussion forum, please use our Forum Signup Page.

Either way, we'll be very glad to hear from you - Paul Click to see Paul's music home page Click to contact Paul through this page. Click to see Paul's music page on Facebook Click to see Paul's music blog page Click to hear Paul's music on SoundCloud. Click to sign up for this discussion forum. Click to learn about our Momma Don't Low Newsletter. Click to see Paul's YouTube Channel. Click to see Paul's Twitter Page

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Joe Volk writes:

Hi Paul Darwin,
As you begin to address endpoint protection in 2016, we here at Bit9 + Carbon Black would appreciate the opportunity to discuss our product and demonstrate the value we can provide to your current security stack.
• We work with 30 of the Fortune 100
• We were voted SANS 2014 Endpoint Protection Solution of the Year
• We provide complete & real time visibility into your environment
• We integrate with the tools you already have in place, Bit9 + Carbon black will
filter through the white noise of alerts, and make your workload more manageable
Below is a sneak peek at the power of Carbon Black’s real time visibility.

Attachment:
bit9.jpg
bit9.jpg [ 24.99 KiB | Viewed 11859 times ]

Please feel free to email me back or reach me at 781-583-2051.

Best,
Joe Volk| SDR
jvolk@bit9.com
Desk +1 781.583.2051 | Mobile 1 413.636.4298
Endpoint Threat Prevention | Detection and Response in Seconds

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Bit9, Inc., and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Joe,

May I address the last part of your message first? If the e-mails you keep spamming me with are confidential, maybe you should stop spamming me with them. I CAN assure you that I have now put a filter on your name so that your future spams will all go directly into my junk folder. Please let me know if you consider this "unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message."

I'm also curious what SDR in your tagline means and why you think it should impress me. I did a Google search and discovered that you are either an IMF fund (Special Drawing Rights), an Internet radio station (Software Defined Radio), or a Supply Deficiency Report.

Finally, I remain confused that a company priding itself on (self-declared) professionalism would continuously spam a person whose responsibilities have nothing to do with anything your product addresses, and GET HIS NAME WRONG!

That said, if you're truly as anxious to set up a meeting time with me as you say, I can return favor for favor. My friend, the Exiled Nigerian Prince has been stranded in Belize after being forced to depart a hotel under embarrassing circumstances. Because he is not able to return to the hotel to pay his bill (being an international fugitive with law enforcement officials from three countries staking out the lobby), he cannot get his luggage or his passport from the concierge. If you would do me the kindness of wiring the money to settle my friend's account, I would be glad, not only to meet with you, but also to give you repayment for your cash outlay, plus, say $100,000 for your troubles.

Please go to the ENP's contact page (http://www.creekdontrise.com/enp.htm) and follow the instructions there. After everything else is settled, I'll contact you and let you know when and where we can meet. I do have a favorite, secluded spot in the warehouse district where we would not be disturbed. Please come alone and make certain you are not followed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Go Daddy writes:

Exclusive Custom Logo Coupon For exilednigerianprince.com from GoDaddy

Dear Paul Race,
You're Going to Need a Logo!
Activate Your Exclusive Godaddy Coupon Now to Get Your Logo for Only $29.96
No matter what type of business or organization you're starting, you're going to need a logo. Have you thought about all the opportunities you have to establish your brand?
Your website and email signature, business cards you hand out daily, and customer invoices and bills, are all ways to establish your brand. Save 25% Now

Regards,
Tania Stephen
tania@logocoupon.com
Brand Ambassador
Logo Coupon- USA
800-589-2951

[This part was in very fine, very light print so the average person wouldn't even have noticed it:]
Disclaimer: LogoJeevesCoupon.com does not have any affiliation with GoDaddy (godaddy.com) to offer such promotion. All other company names, brand names, trademarks and logos mentioned on this emails are the property of their respective owners and do not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by LogoJeeves of the respective trademark owners.

---------------

Dear Mr. Daddy, or Ms. Stephen, whichever you are,

Since by your message header and clever attempt to hide your disclaimer, you are positioning yourself as an affiliate of GoDaddy, I have paid GoDaddy for your services. Now you owe me a logo. It will be YOUR responsibility to get your money from your "partner." I am sure they are understanding about this sort of thing.

I'm a little confused about something else, though. When I googled "LogoJeevesCoupon.com," the URL buried in your disclaimer, YOUR site appeared with the tagline "World's Leading custom logo design company." But when I googled "Logo Designers," I got all the way to page 15 without seeing your company anwhere. In fact, your company name appears only on ONE PAGE of Google period. Please explain to me how you will be able to help me establish MY brand, when you obviously have not bothered to establish your own.

In fact, I've come across similar scams in which someone offered to provide some professional service for a ridiculously cheap price, and all they really wanted was my credit card number so they could hack my account and start ordering flatscreen TVs and things. If you really are in the logo design business, please design an appropriate logo for the Exiled Nigerian Prince and send it to me. If you really (as I suspect from your level of honesty so far) have no ability or intention of designing an appropriate logo, please reimburse me for the $29.96 I have already paid your "business partner." Either way, it will be YOUR responsibility to get the money from them. YOU are the folks who claimed the connection, after all.

In the interest of transparency, I have forwarded your e-mail and this response to the Better Business Bureau and to GoDaddy's Customer Service department. I hope the outcome will be to the benefit of all,

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Theo Theo writes:

A quick analysis reveals your website having different technical glitches, where organic/natural traffic is very low.

[content that is supposedly based on an in-depth study of my web page but which is actually copied word-for-word from a dozen other spammers and scammers deleted]

[I've left this list in because it shows such a unique approach to parallelism and comma placement:]

- Low online presence for competitive keywords or, phrases.
- Don't forget to make sure that, your website is compatible with different types of mobile devices.
- Technical errors that restrict your website from being indexed by search engines.
- Lack of theme based quality back links.
- A meager social presence is a reason to ponder too.

[More carbon-copy hype deleted]

Interested? Revert back now. We will send you a clear analysis report (FREE) using our corporate e-mail ID.

Best Regards,

Theo Theo |DM Consultant
bmpeweb@gmail.com
PH. No: +1 (530)-936-5916
1: If you are interested we will send more details on our “company profile”, “Price list”, “money back” etc. in our next mail.
P.S: - Once you reply us back, the next communication will be done from our corporate ID. Or you may ask us to “UNSUBSCRIBE”.

--------------------------

Dear Theo Theo,

I love your "hutzpa" in sending me an error-ridden, mostly plagiarized e-mail warning me that there may be mistakes in my web page.

However, I'm not entirely certain how to "revert." Are you saying I should go back to a younger, perhaps more childish version of myself? Or perhaps I should try to de-evolve into a Neanderthal or something?

I'm also wary of anyone promising to fix my web pages, because I know of too many cases of scammers using this sort of plea to access a viable web page, then loading it up with viruses that criminals have paid them to proliferate. I had all my web pages hacked once, through a breakdown at my hosting company, and I have no desire to repeat that experience.

That said, I have a friend whose web page is anything BUT viable. In fact, it's nonexistent. If you'd like to help the Exiled Nigerian Prince get his page up and running, he might be receptive. After all, he has nothing to lose on that score.

He has a lot to lose otherwise, like the several million dollars in unmarked bills that he has crammed into every nook and cranny of the old minivan he is driving north across Belize as we speak. According to our recent conversations, he is finding it hard to get an internet connection in the towns he is driving through. However, I'm sure he'd be open to doing business with you. In cases like this, he usually authorizes an initial $50,000 down-payment on future services, paid by direct deposit to the vendor's account. After you prove you can do the work, he's usually glad to double that, and even more if you work fast and well. So if you're interested in getting a piece of this business, simply go to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.creekdontrise.com/enp.htm ) and follow the instructions for entering your bank account information.
Then the next time he is in contact, he will gladly deposit the money.

Here's hoping you get the financial results you so richly deserve!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Register Your Domain Name Now," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/career/reg ... -name-now/) someone named "make t shirts" writes:

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.

anne_freeling@web.de
tiedyetshirtusDOTnet (199dot180dot114dot177)
221dot206dot126dot149

-------------------------------
Dear Anne Freeling,

Thank you for making supportive, if vague comments about the article you are attempting to attach this note to. Unfortunately, your vagueness, coupled with the fact that your comment was entered on a computer in China, lists a Polish web page, and purports to be from a German e-mail reduces my confidence in the sincerity of your compliments.

You may find this hard to believe, but I've heard that web bloggers occasionally get "spam" comments from people trying to get links to their scammy web sites onto other people's blog pages. I am probably being paranoid when I choose not to click on your web site URL, but Googling ABOUT it tells me that it's new and quite possibly risky even to click on.

That said, if you're really dead set on getting publicity for your web page, I know a fellow who will be glad to post any number of links to it for a fee. Once he gets his web site up and running, that is. The Exiled Nigerian Prince is currently near Belize's border with Mexico, trying to figure out how to cross the border without bringing an army of Nigerian treasury agents, U.S. State Department MIBs, bounty hunters, and treasure hunters along with him. He'll have to ditch his old minivan, of course, and try to get his cash across an unguarded part of the border. The only problem is that this part of the border is better guarded than most borders in Central America. Guarded on the Belize side, that is - they're trying keep people from sneaking in.

The last I heard, the ENP has paid a guide to lead him to an infrequently-used drug-smuggling tunnel. I'm a bit concerned, because I don't think he should trust a stranger who knows where the drug-smuggling tunnels are. On the other hand, the guide probably feels that he's taking a risk by trusting this guy who wants to get into Mexico unseen - usually people are going the other way.

At any rate, I'm sure the ENP will surface before long (pardon the pun) and get back in touch. You probably want to get him posting links to your site as soon as possible, but he will want to get paid ahead of time. If you go to the ENP's contact page ( http://www.creekdontrise.com/enp.htm ) and enter the required banking information, he will withdraw, say $100 and post the first crosslink. If you're satisfied with the results, let him know, and he'll post as many other links as you wish to pay for.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Register Your Domain Name Now," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/career/reg ... -name-now/) someone named "don verdean download" writes:

don verdean download

This is verdy interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.
Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

creative-documentsDOTcom/?q=content/enjoy-put-verde… ( 107dot180dot50dot9 )
jacquie_seton@yahoo.com
183dot63dot239dot213

Dear Jacquie Seton Don Verdean Download,

Thank you for making supportive, if vague comments about the article you are attempting to attach this note to. Unfortunately, your vagueness, coupled with the fact that your comment was entered on a computer in China, lists a web page on a server that hosts about 150 scam sites, and purports to be from a generic free e-mail account reduces my confidence in the sincerity of your compliments.

You may find this hard to believe, but I've heard that web bloggers occasionally get "spam" comments from people trying to get links to their scammy web sites on other people's blog pages. I am probably being paranoid when I choose not to click on your web site URL, but Googling ABOUT it lists a lot of generic scams that I don't care to support by linking to your page, including dietary products and worse.

That said, I have a friend who may be able to help you get the crosslinks you need, as soon as he gets back online. Please read the post above for more information. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Register Your Domain Name Now," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/career/reg ... -name-now/) someone named "kids songs" writes:

Thanks for finally talking about >Register Your Domain Name Now | Paul Race Music <Liked it!

mariaaDOTbloggagratisDOTsemariaaDOTbloggagratis.se/gill (IP: 5dot178dot78dot204)
lienclevenger@wildmail.com

------------------------------------
Dear kids songs Mariaa Lien,

Thank you for making supportive, if vague comments about the article you are attempting to attach this note to. Unfortunately, your vagueness, coupled with the fact that your comment was entered on a computer in China, lists a web page on a scam server in Stockholm, and purports to be from a generic free e-mail account reduces my confidence in the sincerity of your compliments.

You may find this hard to believe, but I've heard that web bloggers occasionally get "spam" comments from people trying to get links to their scammy web sites on other people's blog pages. I am probably being paranoid when I choose not to click on your web site URL, but Googling ABOUT it lists a lot of generic scams that I don't care to support by linking to your page, including dietary products and worse.

That said, I have a friend who may be able to help you get the crosslinks you need, as soon as he gets back online. Please read the post two above this one for more information. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Hohner Special Twenties on the Bracket," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/musical-in ... e-bracket/) someone named "seo" writes:

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin [link deleted]

SeoOptimizedRankingsDOTcom/ (107dot172dot7dot123)
jmbylx@gmail.com
107dot172dot7dot77

----------------------
Dear seo,

Thank you for reposting the same exact post that you and your friends in the scam/spam world have already sent me dozens of times about dozens of different web pages and blogs. Unfortunately, your stunning lack of originality, coupled with the fact that your comment was entered on server that is known worldwide for scam proliferation, lists a web page on the same system, and purports to be from an untraceable generic free e-mail account reduces my confidence in the sincerity of your desire to assist me.

However if you are really interested in helping someone get onto the first page of Google for relevant searches, I can recommend you to my friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince. Right now, he doesn't even have a web page, but he hopes to rectify that as soon as he manages to get into Mexico from Belize and establish a short-term-permanent base of operations. He has offered to pay other web service providers to help him set up a web page, so I'm sure he'd make the same offer to you. $100,000 down payment for the first workable web page, and another $100,000 if you get his web page onto the first page of Google. Unfortunately, he is in a situation where he can only pay by direct transfer into your bank account. So if you'll go to the ENP's contact page ( http://www.creekdontrise.com/enp.htm ) and enter the required banking information, he can make the suggested down payment into your account.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Getting the "Wrong" Banjo," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/musical-in ... ong-banjo/) someone named "seo plugin" writes:

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. [Redundant content deleted]

SEORankingLinks.com/
wzueuediq@gmail.com (104diot168dot62dot72 )

-------------------------------------
Dear seo plugin,

Thank you for reposting the same exact post that you and your friends in the scam/spam world have already sent me dozens of times about dozens of different web pages and blogs. Unfortunately, your stunning lack of originality, coupled with the fact that your comment was entered on server that is known worldwide as a source of scams and spams, lists a web page that is listed as 100% malicious on the Zulu URL Risk Analyzer, and purports to be from an untraceable generic free e-mail account reduces my confidence in the sincerity of your desire to assist me.

However if you are really interested in helping someone get onto the first page of Google for relevant searches, I can recommend you to my friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince. For more information about how you might be able to work with him, please read the last part of the previous message. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

In response to Paul's Blog "Register Your Domain Name Now," (http://www.paulracemusic.com/career/reg ... -name-now/) someone named "most epic battle" writes:

Video games are so main stream nowadays that most people aren’t going to focus on this.

medvedev-tvDOTcom/agb/index.php (81dot177dot143dot33)
felicitasbrunker@gawab.com
93dot127dot146dot50

--------------------------------

Dear Most,
You'll be happy to know that you win the prize for the most irrelevant comment I have received today on any of my web pages, forums or blogs! Before I replied, of course, I did take the time to determine that your recommended web page is a spam host in Russia that is listed as "highly malicious," the IP address of the computer you posted from is a world-famous scam-spewer in Germany, and the e-mail address you are using cites an e-mail server that went down in 2012.

That said, if you're really into video games, I may be able to put you onto something nobody else on the planet has heard of - the Exiled Nigerian Prince game. In this first-person game, you navigate the Prince from his palace in Nigeria across the Atlantic, and through any number of third-world countries on his way to safe haven in the United States. Along the way, you meet villains of all kinds and make allies in unexpected places. You also get to choose whose coffers you flood with dollars pilfered from your national treasury and which coffers you empty just because you can.

The game is currently in development, but you can have a sneak peak at it for only $40 is you log in to the Exiled Nigerian Prince's contact page ( http://www.exilednigerianprince.com ) and follow the instructions about entering your banking information. When the game is finally released, you will not only receive a free copy. If you enter comments that help us improve the game, you will even be listed as a beta tester in the digital credits. How can you pass that up? Visit http://www.exilednigerianprince.com now for further instructions on joining our virtual development/testing team!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Readers,

No, I won't be posting EVERY time one of these identical spams hits my blog site, but it is interesting to see how many different scammers have decided that my blogs are worth scamming. A higher recommendation than THAT is harder to find.

My blog site is part of a new music page I put up a few months ago. I've been posting about music here and on other sites since 2003, but I haven't really been posting about MY music. So some friends told me it was time to refresh my old music web page, go on Facebook, etc.

I still have plenty of work to do, including getting some of my newer songs recorded to share. But in the meantime:

My revised music web page is: http://www.paulracemusic.com/
My primary blog page is http://www.paulracemusic.com/blogs/
My music Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/paulracemusic

If you're a musician, please check it out and drop me a line wherever you visit.
If you're just reading this thread because you're enjoying the ENP's adventures, my apologies for interrupting it.

To all, I wish a delightful holiday season!

Paul Race

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next