Let's talk about the history and music of the American Heartland

Visit our Sister Sites
CreekDontRise.com Home Page Visit our sister site, School of the Rock
Visit our Classic Train Songs Page
A page devoted to some of Paul's own music endeavors.

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

To ask any question about the content on this site please use our Site Contact Page.

To sign up for this discussion forum, please use our Forum Signup Page.

Either way, we'll be very glad to hear from you - Paul Click to see Paul's music home page Click to contact Paul through this page. Click to see Paul's music page on Facebook Click to see Paul's music blog page Click to hear Paul's music on SoundCloud. Click to sign up for this discussion forum. Click to learn about our Momma Don't Low Newsletter. Click to see Paul's YouTube Channel. Click to see Paul's Twitter Page

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Peter Zhang writes:

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On Oct 12, 2015, we received an application from Huamei Holdings Ltd requested [domain name deleted] as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?

Kind regards

Peter Zhang
peter.zhang@yiguandns.com
General Manager
Shanghai Office (Head Office)
B06, Yujing Building, No.1 Jihe Road,
Shanghai 201107, China
Tel: +86 21 6191 8696
Mobile: +86 138 1642 8671
Fax: +86 21 6191 8697
Web: http://www.yiguandns.com

--------Our Reply-----------------

Peter,
Thank you for getting in touch. I understand your heartfelt concern about someone in China attempting to register one of my domain names with the .CN suffix. If that really ever happens, and if China ever restricts .COM suffixes from appearing on Chinese browsers, I guess it could hamper the web-surfing efforts of the three or four Chinese readers who might ever be interested in the content of the web page in question.
The truth is, I don't think I need a .CN (or .UK or .CA etc.) version of my domain name for people to find my site. However, I do have a friend who is very interested in establishing an international web presence, who may be interested in doing business with you. The Exiled Nigerian Prince, or the ENP, as we affectionately call him.

Yes, you may have heard on the news that his car went over a cliff and burst into flames, vaporizing the Prince and the millions of dollars in cash he was smuggling. In fact I announced this myself only a few hours ago.

But to my relief, I learned that the vehicle that went off the cliff wasn't the ENP's car at all. In fact, it was a Mercedes belonging to a local drug cartel. The driver had parked along the side of the road and gotten out to answer "nature's call" when the ENP, hotly pursued by regional treasure hunters and his own former secret service agents came around a curve at high speed and tapped the Mercedes just hard enough to tip it over the edge. By the time the ENPs pursuers caught up, all they could see was a burning car rolling down the hill, so they assumed that the ENP and his millions had burned.

This is actually good news for the ENP, because if people think he's dead, he should be able to make it the rest of the way to Mexico without serious difficulty. Of course if people ever find out he's alive, the treasure hunters and Nigerian Secret Service agents will be on his trail in a heartbeat, not to mention the drug lord whose Mercedes full of cocaine he inadvertently knocked off a cliff. So please don't tell anyone I'm telling you this.

Now that the ENP has safely reached the next village with internet, he has gotten back in touch with me. You should know that he is capable of sending money almost anywhere in the world by direct deposit. He is also very interested in establishing a web presence in China. In fact, if you will promise to help him do so, he will gladly deposit a down payment for your services. Would 100,000 American dollars be enough to secure your services? If this is agreeable to you, please send your bank account number and routing code to us using the contact page:
http://creekdontrise.com/enp.htm

Then let me know when the money has arrived in your bank, and I'll set up a three way phone call to start working out the details.

I look forward to a very profitable business arrangement with you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:06 am 
Site Admin

A reader writes:
Olá,
O meu nome é Joana Goncalves,
Gostaria de sugerir-lhe uma troca grátis de links com o seu site [url deleted] ou com quaisquer outros sites que sejam seus.
Terá satisfação em saber que agora tenho uma quantidade considerável de projetos de qualidade para troca grátis de links, que tenho a certeza serão benéficos e produtivos para ambos.
Por favor, diga-me se tiver interesse em saber mais detalhes, ou se tiver alguma opinião sobre este assunto.
Espero pela sua resposta!
Joana Goncalves
joana@livreseo.net
http://www.portugueseo.com

--------Our Reply----------------

Huh?
Okay, I got this translated. I don't do link exchanges. Especially with strangers whose sites have nothing to do with the content of mine. However I have a friend who would be glad to set one up with you, and even pay you for the trouble of setting it up at your end. Would $100,000 be enough to cover your expenses? If so, please include your bank account number and routing code in your reply through the following contact page.

You should know that this is a limited time offer, since my friend, the Exiled Nigerian Prince can only stay a day or two at a time in each village he passes through. Apparently he has angered the leader of a Central American drug cartel by nudging a Mercedes full of cocaine off the edge of a cliff, and he has people out looking for him. So don't wait too long to respond.

Once the money is in your account, please contact us again and we'll send you the url of the site we want you to link to. Have a great day!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Isadora Duncan writes:
Hope you are doing well.
A quick analysis reveals your website [URL remove] having different technical glitches, where organic/natural traffic is very low.
This might seem irrelevant, but we think you are losing a major portion of traffic and revenue that your business deserves.
There are many companies who work only with standard SEO strategies; however we stand out by making directed efforts on research based competitor analysis.
Let's have a look at the issues related to your website [Domain Name removed]:
Low online presence for competitive keywords or, phrases.
Don't forget to make sure that, your website is compatible with different types of mobile devices.
Technical errors that restrict your website from being indexed by search engines.
Lack of theme based quality back links.
A meager social presence is a reason to ponder too.
Your website is the face of your business. If you are not aware about Digital Marketing prospects, you will lose your hard-won supremacy.
So, it's high time to think about your online presence. Our technical experts are here to help you without any CONTRACT or SET UP FEE.
Interested? Revert back now. We will send you a clear analysis report (FREE) using our corporate e-mail ID.
Best Regards,
Isadora Duncan
isadora.duncan5689@gmail.com
DM Consultant
PH. No: +1 (530)-936-5916
--------Our Reply-------------------------
Dear Isadora Duncan.

First of all, it's nice to know you're still around. I thought you died in 1927, but obviously they got that wrong.

I have already received the exact same e-mail something like six times supposedly from six different people who had supposedly examined six different web page, and gotten exactly the same results for every site. If I was a cynical man, I might think your business was deliberately misleading me. But I try to take people at face value, even dead people. So I will shoot some business your way. The Exiled Nigerian Prince has been sending money all over the globe to get someone to help him with his web site, so why shouldn't you get a share? Tell you what, if you will help him set up his web site, he'll pay you 100,000. $50,000 now deposited in a bank account of your choosing, and $50,000 when the job is done. Sound fair? Simply click on our contact link below, enter your bank account number and routing code, and he'll deposit the down payment the next time he's in a village with internet service. Sorry, because he is traveling, I'm not entirely sure when that will be. But trust us, it will be soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:34 am 
Site Admin

This e-mail actually went to one of our Christmas sites, which we operate at a loss on a volunteer basis, but which gets lots of fraudulent requests for "Christmas money" every year.

[Name deleted] writes:

I was actually contacting you because a church here called [Church Name Deleted] in Framingham ma told me to contact you for Christmas present help for my little ones?

-----------------Our repy--------------------------
Dear [Name withheld]
Thank you for getting in touch. I was WONDERING who was telling people that our shoestring operation had lots of extra money laying around just to send people who could e-mail us and ask for money, no questions asked.
I have a call in to your pastor to ask him if he's been telling people to ask me for money. Ooops, there's the phone. I'll be back in a minute.

Apparently the pastor of the church you named has never heard of you or of me. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason you said he had, but nothing comes to mind. I apologize, we've already given out all the money we had earmarked to send to scammers this year.

Note to Readers: This reply got short-circuited because the following e-mail I got actually scared me. So far the scams I've reported on have been harmless enough - people begging under false pretenses, etc. But I just got one that tells me something more sinister is going on. - Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:29 am 
Site Admin

Note to readers: I am temporarily dropping the Exiled Nigerian Prince narrative to report on a scam that is potentially very dangerous for the families who are sucked in. One of my Christmas sites just received an e-mail listing all of a family's birthdates and social security numbers, a day after I discovered that someone was trying to hack my e-mail. Apparently some scammer is telling people that I'll give them money if they send all of their most private information to me, and they're simultaneously attempting to intercept the e-mails before I get them, so they can get access to this information in my name. I think I stopped them, but if they're trying to use my sites for this scam, I'm sure they are using others.

-------------------------------------

Note from reader:

Here's all the correct information for Christmas application:
Bill Smith [not his real name - an adult on disability]
Birthday: [Birthdate withheld]
Social security number: [withheld]
Income monthly(Ssi & Rsdi): [withheld]

Joey Smith [not his real name, a minor child]

Jill Smith [not her real name, a minor child]

Ashley Smith [not her real name, a minor child]

June Smith [Not her real name, the adult female who sent me this unsolicited information]

[E-mail and Street Address withheld]

--------Our Reply-----------------

June, you've been conned. We are just a family that operates a web site, not a big business, nor a charity. We have NEVER asked strangers to e-mail us their confidential information - and no legitimate charity ever would.

May I ask who told you to send you're family's most private information to a random stranger? That is dangerous on many levels.

I would like to report whoever is scamming you.

Thank you and my apologies

Paul Race
------------------------
The reader replied:

No, I deleted the e-mail that told me to contact you. Do I still get the money?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

A reader writes:

My Dear Beloved in Christ
Greetings to you and your family. My message is attached here

[binary file deleted]

Juliana timothy <tina80005williams@yahoo.co.jp>:
Juliana timothy <juliana_timothy@yahoo.co.jp>

-----Our Reply------------

Dear Juliana,

Thank you for trying to brighten my day with your little blessing. Unfortunately, my virus checker must be malfunctioning, because when I tried to open your attachment, it went so crazy the lights started flickering all over southwest Ohio.

Of course, I don't in the least suspect you of trying to do me or my computer harm. Because nobody who uses religious language ever does bad things. In fact, I'm going to prove that I wish you only the best.

I'm guessing you represent a good cause. My friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince has become interested in rehabilitating his image by helping a number of highly visible charities. He thinks that if he does this, folks will start forgetting that the money he is using was all purloined from his nation's treasury when he was forced out of office, or that he's been trying to use innocent American citizens to funnel cash into American banks without the IRS noticing ever since.

Actually that last part is a sore point. It turns out that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who offered to help the ENP (as we call him) move "his" millions into American banks, just took the money and ran. It seems like you can't trust anyone any more.

Due to some unexpected travel issues, the ENP is getting his money into banks anyway, but they're mostly in Central America where the banking system isn't exactly solid. That said, he can still send you money to deposit into your favorite charity if you'd like to be of service. All he needs is your full name, date of birth, bank account number and routing code. He usually likes to start with a small deposit at first, say $25,000. Then once you let us know it got safely into your bank, he'll move another $75,000. If this seems acceptable to you, please send the necessary information back to us using the following link.

We are looking forward to helping you advance your spiritual cause, whatever it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Reannon Cleckler writes:

Hi there! A former collegue of mine gave me your contact.
He was confident you would be very happy to read my resume.
After going through your homepage and seeing what it is you guys do, I'm also very confident
you will not be disappointed. I'm attaching my resume for you to read.

[Binary file deleted]

I am truly looking forward to you getting back to me.
Best regards.
reannon cleckler
reannoncleckler394@rambler.ru

-------Our Reply------------

Reannon,

Thank you for getting in touch. I suppose our mutual colleague didn't mention which hemisphere I live in, because I think you'd have a bit of a commute if you came to work for me. Or did some hack your reply-to address to make it LOOK like you were writing me from a certain Eastern European country.

I started trying to open your resume, but my virus checker had a bowel movement on my keyboard when I started to click on it. It's all cleaned off now, though.

Since someone between you and me has obviously inserted a trojan horse or some such into the resume you tried to send, I have to guess what your skill set is. You seem to have initiative, and your English is relatively good. I can't use your skills, but if you don't mind working remotely, I have a friend who could use some help with web content. The Exiled Nigerian Prince, or ENP, as we call him is trying to change public perception of him as an international criminal and fugitive to something more like a generous wanderer who could turn up anywhere with enough resources to make anyone's dream come true. Maybe like Public Clearing House without the van.

Unfortunately I have trouble staying in contact with him, because he currently is an international criminal fugitive making his way north through Central America. For a little while we thought he might get some rest from his pursuers, because they thought he was dead. Then some idiot apparently blabbed on the internet that he was still alive and that it was a drug dealer's car full of cocaine that went off the road and burst into flames during a high speed pursuit. So now, my friend is driving a very beat-up station wagon north through El Salvador, hotly pursued by his own former secret service agents, regional treasure hunters, and a Nicaraguan drug lord.

In his quiet moments, however, he still has time to think about his future. He is hoping to be welcomed to America as a hero. After all, he has already made a number of random American citizens millionaires, not to mention making down payments on web development services worldwide.

Here's where you come in. Though you couldn't possibly work for me remotely, you COULD work for him remotely. In fact as long as three separate groups of experienced killers are on his track, that's probably the best way for you to work.

If you're up for the job, just let us know, and I'll send him your information so he can pay for your first year's work by direct deposit to your checking account. Please use the following form to provide your date of birth, Russian citizen identity number, bank account number and bank routing code. Will $250,000US cover your first year's salary an expenses? I hope you are up for an experience that will literally change your life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Someone calling himself Joyce writes regarding one of our songwriting domain names, which hasn't even been hosted yet:

Have you tried to access your quickbooks from home, mobile or even from car/bus/train ? NO?
Do you know you can access quickbooks anytime, anywhere ? Still a NO?
Are you not happy with your current quickbooks hosting provider?
We are currently running a 60 days promotion on our Premium Accounting Software Hosting.
Visit Here [link deleted] or Call Us Toll Free 1-888-751-6199.

We offer affordable, secure and robust cloud services backed by our award winning support.
Here are some of the major benefits you get with hosted QuickBooks.

1. Security
2. Anywhere, Anytime Access
3. 24/7 Free Support
4. Reduced IT Costs
5. Data Backup and Data Transfer
6. Scalability

We host all versions of QuickBooks. Whether you are using US, UK, or Canadian editions, we have got you covered.
Note : We can also provide Drake Tax Software Hosting, ATX Software Hosting, ACT Hosting, Lacerte Software Hosting, ProSystem fx Tax Hosting, Sage 100 ERP Hosting, Sage 50 Hosting, Application Hosting, Quickbooks Supportand Sage 500 ERP Hosting
More than 57% of Fortune 500 companies are already in the Cloud.
Don’t miss out!
Thanks & Regards,
Joyce
support@epanel04.info
support@aforecloud.com
Business Development Manager
Phone :- 1-888-751-6199

------------Our Response--------------
Dear Joyce,
Thank you for assuming that, as songwriters, we have need of sophisticated accounting and tax accounting help. However, we don't. Most years, we can pretty much calculate our balance sheet on a napkin. Still, I can see the appeal of being able to access my financials on my smartphone the next time I'm vacationing in Cancun. Oh, that's right; I'm a songwriter. I don't vacation in Cancun. Also, I don't have "financials," to speak of. Sometimes I vacation in New Carlisle, Ohio. Does that count?
One fellow who does travel a lot and could use the ability to access his "financials" from virtually anywhere is my friend the Exiled Nigerian Prince, or ENP as his friends call him. You don't tell me the name of your business, and the link you provided is just a proxy for wherever you really reside on the Internet. But something in your tone makes me feel like I can trust you. Tell you what, if you would agree in advance to help the ENP manage his accounts in the "cloud," I can arrange for him to go ahead and deposit the down payment on whatever services you would propose to provide him in the coming year. Would $175,000 be enough to get started? If that's the case, please send the account number and routing code of the bank account you want the money to go into. As soon as he makes contact again, I'll have him put the money in your account.

Okay that last bit may sound a little strange. At the moment he's out of cell or internet contact, because he's hiding in the abandoned barn of an old sugar plantation, hoping that the people pursuing him with guns and clubs can't follow the tracks of his old station wagon full of cash through the jungle. He sneaked into a village this morning and called from a grocer's land line to let me know he was okay, but I don't know when I'll hear from him next. Not to worry, though, he's been in worse fixes than this. Please use the following link to send the information we need, and we'll get back on track as soon as he is back in touch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

[Name Withheld] writes: [paraphrased]

Is this the right place to e-mail for free Christmas money? Our family will not have Christmas unless you send me $1000, no questions asked. [Long list of hardships, chronic illnesses, job losses, relatives with gout, needed car repairs, needed home repairs, needed makeovers, sick pets, etc. deleted.]

If you don't take my word for it and write me a check right now, you are not a Christian.

--------Our Reply---------------
Thank you for getting in touch. In your long list hardships, you forgot to add illiteracy, because we have revised the contact page you used to e-mail us to make it very clear that we are automatically deleting every request for money.

That said, your plight - especially the illiteracy part - has captured my interest. I may have an opportunity that could help you. A friend of mine who is working his way toward the United States through Central America as we speak is looking to move some money into American banks so he has access to it when he gets here. Toward that end, he has been looking for clueless people, and you seem to qualify.

Do you have a bank account now? If you do, please enter your birthdate, social security number and the account number and routing code of your bank account on the following page, and he will deposit $250,000 into it.

After you've spent all you need for your children's Christmas gift, please leave the rest in there for my friend to withdraw when he get into the country.

He is on his way as we speak, heading north through El Salvador. He had been hiding out on an abandoned sugar plantation, but the treasure hunters following him tracked him down. Fortunately for my friend, as they approached the barn where he had stashed the car, they fell through an old well cover. My friend checked to make certain they were okay. He is so kind-hearted that he even threw them a rope. But he warmed the car up first and was back on the road the last I heard.

Usually he checks in once a day or so. The sooner you share your private banking information with us the sooner the help you deserve will be on the way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Some writes:

Hello,

I wish to notify you that late Gianni Agnelli, had included you as beneficiary of his Will. He left the sum of sixty Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars (US$60, 500,000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his Will. This may sound strange and unbelievable to you; you are advised to contact Hollis Grey Chambers via our personal email address: hollisgr@foxmail.com

Regards,
Hollis Grey Chambers.

hollisgr@foxmail.com

---------Our Repy-------------------

That is spendid news. You have made me so happy, that I am rewarding you by sending you a little good luck prayer that was recently sent to me. I didn't open it because my virus checker wouldn't let me, but I'm sure you won't have any problem with it.

Oh, and please donate the money to a worthy cause - Since I have no idea who Gianni Agnelli was, I would feel guilty spending it -

Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next